torsdag 1. mars 2007

God is God



And the pain falls like a curtain
On the things I once called certain
And I have to say the words I fear the most
I just don’t know

And the questions without answers
Come and paralyze the dancer
So I stand here on the stage afraid to move
Afraid to fall, oh, but fall I must
On this truth that my life has been formed from the dust

God is God and I am not
I can only see a part of the picture He’s painting
God is God and I am man
So I’ll never understand it all
For only God is God

And the sky begins to thunder
And I’m filled with awe and wonder
‘Til the only burning question that remains
Is who am I

Can I form a single mountain
Take the stars in hand and count them
Can I even take a breath without God giving it to me
He is first and last before all that has been
Beyond all that will pass

Oh, how great are the riches of His wisdom and knowledge
How unsearchable for to Him and through Him and from Him are all things

So let us worship before the throne
Of the One who is worthy of worship alone

(Steven Curtis Chapman)

3 kommentarer:

Ida sa...

En kjempenydelig sang, både teksten og melodien! Det er så sant; Only God is God. Setter ting i rett perspektiv!
Det er spennende å følge med på bloggen din. Du er flink til å oppdatere (skal prøve å bli oftere med oss...), og så er det skikkelig bra stoff du kommer med! :-) GOD BLESS!!

Elin Maria sa...

Takk! :-*

Ja, det er en kjempebra sang. Tok den frem etter å ikke hørt den på flere år. Det er en sang til ettertanke! SCC har mange slike sanger, han får sagt det på en så bra måte.

GLAD I DEG! :)

NOVA sa...

For en fantastisk nydelig og virkelighets klar tekst. Takk for at du delte den. Har vaert en stund siden jeg var paa bloggen din naa. Er ikke saa mye internett-tilgang imens jeg er paa outreach. Men godt og spennende aa besoeke bloggen din igjen! Gud velsigne deg :D